~ Workshops, Seminars and Meditation Classes ~
Workshops and Seminars
- Workshops, Seminars and Topics
- Meditation Classes and Topics
Through Well Nest, Dr. Rick’s Wellness Center, Dr. Rick presents a variety of workshops throughout the year. These consist of a combination of: presentations, guided meditations, healing circles, relaxation, discussion groups, panels of experts and social time. This creative process is one that allows the participants to feel that they’ve had a growth-filled experience, one from which they can walk away feeling that not only have their own personal issues been gently explored, but they now possess the tools to better cope with life in the future.
These workshops are sometimes half-day, sometimes full-day, depending on the topic, and are based on the principles found in Dr. Rick’s books, EMPOWERING THE TRIBE ~ A Positive Guide to Gay and Lesbian Self-Esteem and THE POWER OF A PARTNER ~ Creating and Maintaining Healthy Gay and Lesbian Relationships.
Workshops and Seminar topics:
- Recovering Self-Esteem and Repairing Inner Wounds
- Loss, Grief and Spirituality
- Finding and Developing Healthy Relationships
- Mind/Body Health & Wellness
- Stress Management
Also through Well Nest, Dr. Rick offers a series of MEDITATION CLASSES, for those who may want to explore meditation for the first time, as well as for those who already meditate and wish to further develop their level of insight. These meditation classes are designed to:
This series of six classes progresses through the following areas of growth:
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment in which to make emotional, psychological and spiritual headway through one’s specific issues;
- Help to develop skills for coping with the everyday stresses of life;
- Teach relaxation techniques which aid in overall emotional and physical wellness;
- Increase one’s ability to feel centered, positive and hopeful;
- Feel good!
The meditation classes may be taken individually, or one may participate in the six-week series (which is recommended). For more information about dates, times, location, and when the next series of meditation classes will begin, contact Dr. Rick by e-mail or phone.
- HEALTH, where we explore mind/body wellness and the "progressive relaxation," a technique used by individuals as well as in hospitals and wellness centers;
- STRESS, which we learn to reduce through the use of Dr. Rick’s "Sailboat Visualization;"
- SPIRITUALITY, which is a journey to a Safe Place with a Sacred Inner Guide;
- SELF-ESTEEM, where we look at self-nurturance, the inner child and the inner parent;
- CHILDHOOD, which deals with the reparation of old, internal, emotional wounds which have a long history of causing difficulties well into adulthood;
- GRIEF & FORGIVENESS, where we enter the process of healing significant loss, and explore the concept of forgiveness.
The cost of the workshops, seminars and classes varies. Some partial scholarships are available; group and corporate rates are available as well. Call or E-mail Dr. Rick for more information.